The Portman Center for Policy Solutions provides fellowships to undergraduate students at UC. As part of the program, the fellowship includes a funded visit to Washington DC, civic leadership development, and access to Senator Portman's congressional archives.
The application portal for Spring 2024 Fellowships has now closed.
Fellowship application information for the 2024-2025 academic year will be updated when available.
Spring 2024 Term Fellowship
The Portman Center for Policy Solutions offers undergraduate students the opportunity to apply for up to $5,000 in fellowship funds.
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA
- If you do not yet have a college GPA please list your high school GPA followed by (HS) in parentheses
- Be a full-time, degree seeking University of Cincinnati undergraduate student
- Expected date of graduation
- All undergraduates are eligible to apply, including those graduating at the end of Spring 2024 term
- Complete the online application form. The application form will require the following information:
- Personal details (M#, Email, Phone, Address)
- Degree information (program, cumulative GPA, date expected to graduate)
- Academic achievements or awards received in college
- Please list membership in organizations, including the organization's name and years of membership.
- 3 short essays about:
- Leadership experience
- Working across difference
- Interest in public policy
- Letter of recommendation emailed by the individual recommending the applicant:
- Email to: PortmanCenter@.uc.edu
- Email subject line should include: Applicant's full name / Fellowship Letter of Recommendation