We are proud of our placement record. In the 2022 Academic Philosophy Data & Analysis (APDA) report, our program ranks third worldwide in its rate of placing PhD graduates in permanent academic positions. Find out more about our successful placement record.
In the 2017 Academic Placement Data and Analysis Report, we were ranked #4 in placement rate among all U.S. Philosophy PhD programs (see section 4.2.2).
Placement data since 2003:
We list all placements of PhD students since 2003, by year of degree. "TT" = tenure-track.
- Frank Faries, Term Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Jonathan McKinney, Visiting Asst. Professor in Cognitive Science, Carleton College
- Maxwell Gatyas, Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Wisconsin-Superior
- Sahar Heydari Fard, Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT) at The Ohio State University (starting Fall 2022). Formerly Teaching Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy, in connection with the Program in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE), UNC-Chapel Hill
- Amanda Corris: Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT), Wake Forest University, starting fall 2022. Formerly Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science, University of Minnesota
- Walter Stepanenko: Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT), York College of Pennsylvania, starting fall 2022. Formerly Visiting Assistant Professor at John Carroll University.
- Guilherme Sanches de Oliveira, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institut für Philosophie, Technische Universität Berlin and the Science of Intelligence research cluster, Berlin, Germany.
- Vicente Raja, Research Fellow at University of Murcia (Spain) (TT-equivalent) and External Affiliate Faculty of the Rotman Institute of Philosophy at Western University (Canada). Formerly Postdoctoral Fellow, Western University Canada, Rotman Institute of Philosophy.
- Iris Spoor, Assistant Professor (TT), Mount St. Joseph University, Cincinnati, OH.
- Valentina Petrolini, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of the Basque Country, Spain.
- Vanessa Bentley, tenure-track assistant professor, Department of Humanities and Philosophy, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmund, OK. Started 2020-2021.
- Luis Favela, Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Cognitive Sciences (TT), University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL.
- Maurice Lamb, Lecturer in Informatics (equivalent to U.S. tenure track Assistant Professor), School of Informatics at the University of Skövde. Formerly National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow (SPRF-IBSS program), Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati.
- Nina Atanasova, Assistant Lecturer (Continuing), University of Toledo.
- Aaron Kostko, Assistant Professor (TT), Center for Learning Innovation, University of Minnesota at Rochester, Rochester, MN.
- Muk Yan Wong, Lecturer, Hang Seng Management College, Hong Kong
- Doug Keaton, Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT), Flagler College, St. Augustine, FL. Previously: Visiting Assistant Professor at University of Arkansas, Little Rock.
- Giovanni Mion, Assistant Professor (TT), Istanbul Technical University. Previously: Postdoc, CCCOM, University of Tartu, Estonia; Visiting Assistant Professor at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX; faculty, University of New York in Prague.
- Dan Hartner, Assistant Professor (TT), Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN.
- Clement Loo, Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies (TT), University of Minnesota at Morris. Previously: Postdoc, College of the Environment, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT (2 years).
- Lindsay Craig, Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Temple University, Philadelphia PA. Previously: Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, University of Oklahoma; Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID.
- Albert Brown, Executive Director of The Mallory Center for Community Development, Cincinnati, OH.
- Anthony Landreth, Entrepreneur, Landreth & Sparrow Research, LLC, Richmond, VA
- Matthew Van Cleave, Professor, Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI
Previously: Visiting Assistant Professor at Concordia College, MN
- Greg Johnson, Instructor of Philosophy, Mississippi State University, Meridian, MS. Previously: Lecturer, Drexel University.
- Cassie Striblen, Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT), West Chester University, West Chester, PA. Previously: Assistant Professor of Philosophy (TT), Doane College, Crete, NE.
- Viorel Paslaru, Associate Professor of Philosophy, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- Arthur Morton, Associate Professor of Philosophy, St. Xavier University, Chicago, IL.
- Kimberly Mosher Lockwood, Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH.
- Michael Sontag, Dean of Arts & Humanities, Associate Professor of Philosophy, College of Mt. St. Joseph, Cincinnati, OH.
- Michael Cundall, Associate Professor and Director of the Honors Program, North Carolina A&T University, Greensboro, NC
- Cate Sherron, PhD, Professor of Philosophy, Thomas More College, KY.
- Jerrome Langguth, PhD, Professor of Philosophy and Division Chair of the Humanities, Thomas More College, KY