The University of Cincinnati’s Department of Mathematical Sciences provides opportunities for graduate studies in a number of specialized fields of mathematics and statistics, notably Geometric Analysis, PDEs, Mathematical Biology, Cryptography, Probability and Applied Statistics. Our faculty collaborate with scientists across the America’s, Europe, Asia and Australia as well as having interdisciplinary collaborations with local institutions. Our low student to faculty ratio of 2.3 to 1 provides students the opportunity for close personal interaction with our faculty.
Most of our PhD students receive full financial support (tuition remission and a Graduate Assistantship, a fellowship, or an internship), and most are supported through their entire UC career. Travel support is available for students to attend or present their work at conferences.
Students in Statistics have extensive experiential learning opportunities through internships with local employers such as Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Proctor & Gamble, and MedPace.
Over 75% of our graduate students are international and we are proud of the extraordinary diversity of our student body. We encourage applications from students with all kinds of mathematical and personal backgrounds to study at what FORBES magazine describes as one of the world’s most beautiful college campuses.
To learn about our programs and the admission requirements, please select your program of interest below:
- Mathematical Sciences Department's Graduate Handbook
- Resources for Current Students (log in with your UC email)
- Mathematics PhD Qualifying and Preliminary Examinations
- Statistics PhD Qualifying and Preliminary Examinations
- Graduate Courses - Mathematics and Statistics
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
- Graduate Student Awards
- UC Graduate School Handbook
- International Student Services
- Mathematics Graduate Student Association (MGSA)
- City of Cincinnati