The University of Cincinnati is classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a "RU/VH: Research Universities, Very High Research Activity," - formerly known as an "R1." The Department of Geography at UC contributes to this status by striving for research excellence through high profile journal publications and grant work.
UC Geography faculty have published in such journals as:
- Annals of the Association of American Geographers
- International Journal of Geographic Information Science
- International Journal of Climatology
- American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Journal of Field Archeology
- Journal of Applied Geography
- International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Computers & Geosciences
UC Geography faculty have acquired research grant funds through a diverse array of sources, including:
Additionally, UC Geography graduate students actively collaborate with their faculty advisers and initiate their own research agendas, resulting in numerous publications. For more on the individual research tracts of UC Geography faculty, please visit the faculty directory.