Study Abroad Grants
Description: The Communication program is proud to support undergraduate and graduate Communication major students interested in pursuing study abroad opportunities. As a result of more and more students interested in studying outside of the United States and the educational value that can be obtained, the Communication program is offering scholarships that are available to assist with the financial side of this experience. Student grants are awarded based on merit, financial need and length of study abroad experience.
Award: Varies. Based on donor support.
- Full-time or part-time UC students matriculated in the Communication degree program
- In good standing at the University (overall GPA greater than 2.0)
- Zero balance (no delinquent obligations) in student account
- Participating in a credit-bearing program: either a pre-approved UC program or an external program for which you have approval from your Academic Advisor
- Long or short-term program
- Independent study, research, performances, and conference participation not eligible
- Maximum one grant per 12 month period.
Your application will be judged first on merit. Financial need and the duration of the experience will be considered in determining award amounts. Preference will be given to first-time grant recipients.
Deadlines: Vary by academic year.
The UC Center for Film & Media Studies offers Study Abroad Grants for undergraduate students participating in the annual Film study tour Europe, which takes place in May or June. Scholarships of $500 will be awarded for students who are majors or minors in Film and Media Studies. Contact Michael Gott(firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.