Emergency Support Resources
At Bearcats Supporting Bearcats, we provide a resource hub for students in UC’s College of Arts and Sciences to connect with the help they need, whether it is financial or food assistance, mental health resources, mentor guidance, bias reporting options and more.
We care about you and your success. If you need help and aren't sure where to turn, you can email the A&S Cares Team at ArtSciCares@ucmail.uc.edu.
Alumni: Help A&S Bearcats in Need
Alumni of the College of Arts and Sciences have a long history of generosity when it comes to supporting students. Your contributions help support them with funding for fundamentals such as food and housing, and assistance during unexpected crises.
Please make your gift today! Also, explore volunteer opportunities to find the fit that’s right for you. We are grateful!
Students: Find the Help You’re Looking For
- A&S Student Emergency Fund: A&S cares about our students. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please complete this form to request emergency assistance. A dean will follow up with you to discuss your situation confidentially.
- Bearcat Emergency Fund: Apply for help with unexpected emergency expenses such as accidents, illness, death of a family member, medical deductible, temporary housing or food, and more.
- UC Financial Aid: Discover your options for FAFSA, scholarships, grants, loans and federal work-study funds through UC.
- Bearcats Pantry and Resource Center: The center provides free food, hygiene items, meal vouchers for campus dining halls, cleaning supplies and professional clothing. Check the website or email BearcatsPantry@ucmail.uc.edu.
- Freestore Foodbank: Locate a food pantry near you.
- SNAP Benefit Extension: Learn about your eligibility and how to apply for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly called food stamps) benefits.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP
- Crisis Text Hotline: Text HELLO to 741741
- UC Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) 24-Hour Crisis Helpline: 513-556-0648
- NightRide After-Hours Campus Transportation: 1-513-556-7433
- UC Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) / Find a Counselor: CAPS provides free, stand-alone appointments to give you fast access to single therapy sessions focused on your needs.
- REACH OUT: UC Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) / Therapist-led and Self-Help App: Download the free Reach Out app for quick, private access to help, treatment or counseling, and more.
- UC Bearcats Support Network (Peer Support): Connect with fellow Bearcats in support groups led by peers who have been trained with holistic health and wellness resources in virtual or in-person meetings.
- Psychology Today Therapist Locator (US locations): Find a list of therapists practicing near you.
- Find a Mentor on Bearcats Connect: Access a network of UC alumni, align your career goals with a mentor, and take advantage of services including career advice and resources, job shadowing opportunities, and more.
- UC Student Accessibility Resources: A portal for new and returning students to learn more about accessibility accommodations at UC.
- UC Accessible Housing Information: Accessibility resources works to provide housing accommodations in University-managed properties in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendment Act.
- UC Service Animal Assistance: Find out about UC policies regarding Assistance Animals and complete an Assistance Animal Request Form.