Safety Procedures

Emergency Procedures

  • In the event of a fire, serious injury, or other life-threatening situation, call Emergency Assistance at 911.
  • When a biological, chemical, or radioactive spill occurs, or other hazardous environmental situations such as possible gas leaks, air or water quality concerns, call Environmental Health and Safety at 556-4968 or 556-1111 (8 a.m.-5 p.m., M/F) or Campus Police at 911 (nights, weekends and holidays).
  • After contacting the appropriate emergency responders, you should alert your supervisor and/or the main office at 556-9200.
  • Remember to have your name, number, location, and any other pertinent information available at the time of the call. It is important to inform the safety office and the police if any one has been injured or if there has been a personal exposure.

Non-Emergency Contacts

  • For Physical Plant trouble, such as leaking pipes, electrical faults, air-conditioning problems, call the West Campus maintenance shop at 556-6404
  • For Custodial assistance, call the Custodial Help Desk 556-9985