Admission & Application Information
Deadline for MAP Applicants:
Fall Semester 2019: January 15th, 11:59pm EST
Admission to the MAP Degree Program
Candidates for the MAP program should have competed (or be close to completing) a bachelor's degree in any undergraduate major or program, and must have completed 18 credit hours of Psychology coursework. Admissions are made every spring for the following fall semester, and applications are due January 15th. Admission decisions are based on undergraduate academic performance, work experience, quality of recommendations, candidate's interest in the MAP program and its relevance to his or her professional development, and other factors that may indicate the prospect of success in the program.
All applicants are required to submit the following through the Graduate School online application system.
You will need the following items to complete the online application process:
- A personal essay that includes a statement of why you want to pursue the MAP degree and anything else that you wish to call to the attention of the MAP Program Admission Committee.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who know you professionally/academically. At least one letter should be written by a faculty member who can speak to your academic qualifications and readiness for graduate work.
- Transcripts of all current (and previous) college or university grades. [Note: For the application, you may upload unofficial transcripts; however, if admitted to the MAP program you will be asked to submit official transcripts to the program office.] If you are a UC student, you do not need to submit transcripts.
- Your current resume or CV
- The GRE is not required for the MAP Program application
Steps to Apply
- Click the Apply Now button above and complete the graduate school's on-line application form, together with the required application fee of $65
- Have your personal statement and resume ready and have your recommenders chosen and notified.
- Note: recommenders will be prompted to submit a letter electronically ONLY after you have completed and submitted the online application.
Admission Through 4+1 Option
The admission application for the 4+1 option is the same as all other applicants and must be done through the graduate school office. Once you have completed two of our graduate classes as an undergraduate student, click the Apply Now button above to begin. Do not apply if you have not yet taken two of our courses as an undergrad.
Indicate on the application that you are applying for the 4+1 option if the option to do so is provided. Otherwise, apply for Masters's of Arts in Psychology.
- Register for and complete two classes listed on the MAP curriculum during your years as an undergraduate student.
- During your senior year click the Apply Now button above and apply before January 15th.
- Please note that taking graduate level courses from the MAP program during your undergraduate years does not guarantee admission into the program. Additionally, grades from the two courses must be an average of 3.0 or better.
- For more information visit the 4+1 option page.
- General requirements for admission to all University of Cincinnati graduate programs are established by the Graduate Faculty. In particular, admission requires an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 from your university and a GPA of at least 3.2 in your major.
- Admission decisions are made by the MAP Program Committee and are based on merit. The Committee considers undergraduate academic performance, work experience, the quality of the recommendations, the candidate's interest in the MAP degree program and its relevance to his or her professional development, and other factors that may indicate the prospect of success in the program.
- Due to enrollment limits, applicants who qualify for admission may be placed on a waiting list until openings are available. Priority on the waiting list is determined by merit.
For any questions or concerns regarding the admissions process you may contact the following:
Stacie Furst-Holloway - MAP Program Director
4130H Edwards One
For any questions or concerns regarding the application process you may contact the following:
Graduate Program Coordinator
Edwards 1, Room 4150U, ML 0376
For any questions or concerns regarding the 4+1 Option you may contact the following:
Graduate Assistant/ 4+1 Adviser
Additionally, you may visit Lauren by appointment to talk about the master's program or the 4+1 option.