- Exploring Journalism Through Film Series at the Esquire Theatre
Films: "Almost Famous", "Shattered Glass", and "The Post" with Q&A discussion following the film with Jeff Blevins, head of the Department of Journalism at UC.
Finding Common Ground: Moving Toward Productive Pathways for Citizenship
November 16th, 2018
Join us in the Annie Laws Drawing Room from 6:00-8:00 pm to learn about findings from the Common Ground research project. Hear from a panel of local media experts and discuss ways we can achieve more productive citizenship through public conversation and media. Food, beverages, and mingling from 6:00-6:30 pm preceding the panel discussion.
- UC Journalism to induct Beryl Love and William Strunk, Jr. into its Hall of Fame as the Class of 2019
- The University of Cincinnati Department of Journalism will induct Beryl Love and William Strunk, Jr. into its Hall of Fame on April 5, 2019.
- Sharing stories
- Inspired by the book “The Other UC and Me: Editing the Sixties,” former editors of The News Record from the 1960s to present recall their experiences at the University of Cincinnati’s student newspaper.
- Bearcats bring home 2018 Pulitzer Prize
- Thirteen journalists with ties to the University of Cincinnati are part of The Cincinnati Enquirer’s award-winning team of more than 60 reporters, photographers and videographers to win the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for local reporting.
- Taft's Newest Addition: The Journalism Department
- The Taft Center’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to make the Journalism Department one of its humanities departments.
- "UC Journalism, Communication and Political Science offer course to help students determine what is "fake news":
- FOX19 article about a new class offered at UC: Post Truth & Fake News Challenges for Communication Politics in Journalism"
- Journalism Scholarships
- What is journalism in the digital age? At UC, the Department of Journalism is exploring this question while providing students the foundational skills they need to be successful. The ability to offer privately-funded scholarships gives the department the resources it needs to recruit, retain and empower some of the brightest students at UC who will apply the education they receive here to help reshape the industry.
- UC Journalism Icon Establishes Scholarship for Photojournalism
- Established and financed by photojournalism professor and UC Journalism Hall of Famer Jon Hughes
- View First-Hand, Dramatic Photos Captured by UC Journalism Alum in Turkey
- UC journalism graduate Keith Rutowski captured dramatic images during the violent protests.
- The Impact of Water Accessibility on the Lives of Women in India
- Journalism Assistant Professor Sean Hughes' photos of this human condition in India are now on display.
- Chosen to Lead: Professor Jeffrey Blevins
- Expert in New Media Selected as the Head of UC's Journalism Program.
- Journalism Professor Jenny Wohlfarth Earns National Honor
- Winner of the 2012 Society of Professional Journalists' Outstanding Campus Adviser Award.
- Choir Games’ Songs Have Ended but Positive Impact Endures
- Professor Sean Hughes Shares His Experiences as The World Choir Games Photography Director.
- Going Digital
- UC hires veteran online journalist to head new media bureau.