Visiting Seminar Series 2022-2023
- Charles Mace, Tufts University
"Paper-based microfluidic devices enable applications in point-of-care hematology"
- Chris Ziegler, University of Akron
"Innovation with an old reagent: Isoindoline as a platform for new materials"
- David Vicic, Lehigh University
"Solvated Nickel Complexes as Stoichiometric and Catalytic Trifluoromethylation Agents"
- Bhavya Sharma, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
"Sensing through the Skull: Developing Surface-Enhanced Spatially-Offset Raman Spectroscopy (SESORS) for in vivo Neurochemical Detection"
- Li Jia, University of Akron
"Metal-catalyzed carbonylative polymerizations - A quest for sustainable commodity plastics"
- Ralph & Helen Oesper Symposium honoring Martin Moskovits, UC, Santa Barbara
Mattanjah de Vries, University of California, Santa Barbara
"Shedding light on history: one molecule at a time"
Katherine (Kallie) Willets, Temple University
“Super-resolution imaging and plasmonics”
George Schatz, Northwestern University
"Plasmons, Molecules and Theory: where Bottom-up meets Top-down"
Mubeen Syed, University of Iowa
“Plasmonics and Electrocatalysis: A Friends with Benefits Saga”
Vladimir Shalaev, Purdue University
Peng Zhang, University of Cincinnati
Dwayne Miller, University of Toronto
"Mapping Atomic Motions with Ultrabright Electrons: Fundamental Space-Time Limit to Imaging Chemistry"
Galen D. Stucky, University of California, Santa Barbara
"Rational Component and Structure Design of Noble-Metal Composites for Optical and Catalytic Applications"
Galen Stucky & Mattanjah de Vries, Univerity of California, Santa Barbara (ACS Cincinnati Local Section banquet speakers)
"Martin Moskovits: Mentor for All”
- Liviu Mirica, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
"A radical approach: Paramagnetic Ni and Pd species in organometallic catalysis"
- Steven Liang, Emory University
"Precision Radiochemistry & PET Biomarker Development"
- Martin Kirk, University of New Mexico, Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology
"The Molybdenum Cofactor, C-H Bond Activation, and Molybdoenzyme Catalysis"
- Allison Swain, University of Colorado, Denver (Special seminar)
“Roles of the m6A RNA modification in regulating cell states, from yeast to breast cancer”
- Briana Simms, Duke University, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering (Special seminar)
“Delivery beyond the blood-brain-barrier (BBB) via self-assembling PAMAM lipid nanoaggregates”
- Emily Sekera, The Ohio State University (Special seminar)
“A Picture Worth 1,000 Molecules: Gaining Biological Insight through Mass Spectrometry Imaging”
- Fay Nicolson, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Special seminar)
"Surface-Enhanced Spatially Offset Raman Spectroscopy (SESORS) for Deep Optical Imaging of Cancer in Vivo"
- Neal Mankad, University of Illinois at Chicago
"Earth-abundant metal catalysts for radical carbonylation reactions"
- Norman Lu, Taipei Tech
"Synthesis and chemistry of fluorinated ligands and their metal complexes (Pt, Pd, Zn etc): From catalysis to unusual C-H bond change induced by non-covalent bond"
- Moon-Soo Kim, Western Kentucky University
"Sequence-specific DNA detection utilizing engineered DNA-binding proteins, CRISPR/Cas, and graphene oxide"
- Isiah M. Warner, UC Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Chemistry, Boyd Professor of LSU System
"GUMBOS: A Materials Approach to Analytical Chemistry"
- Hans & Marlies Zimmer International Scholar honoring Panche Naumov, NYU Abu Dhabi
“Organic crystals - a new class of engineering materials”
- Andrea Kravats, Miami University, Ohio
"Insights into the function and dynamics of the Grp94 molecular chaperone"
- Jack Norton, Columbia University (CGSA Speaker of the Year)
"Norton Group Chemistry — Then and Now"
- Ellen Matson, University Rochester
"Modeling Charge Transfer and Compensation at Metal Oxide Surfaces using Polyoxovanadate Clusters"
- Hans & Marlies Zimmer International Scholar honoring Daniele Leonori, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
"Novel synthetic methods using halogen-atom transfer and photoexcited nitroarenes"