Visiting Seminar Series 2018 - 2019
- Michael Roper, Florida State University
"Analytical Methods for Investigating Dynamic Behavior of Pancreatic Cells"
- Jinjun Liu, University of Louisville
"Laser Spectroscopy of Reaction Intermediates in Combustion and Atmospheric Chemistry"
- Catherine J. Murphy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"Gold Nanocrystals: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology" (CGSA Speaker of the Year)
- Shubham Vyas, Colorado School of Mines
"Perfluorochemical Degradation: A Physical Organic Perspective"
- Ron Elber, University of Texas at Austin
"Computer Simulations of Longtime Events of Biological Processes"
- Heather Clark, Northeastern University
"Building an Imaging Toolbox: Nanosensors for in vivo Imaging"
(1st Annual Translational Nanoscience Colloquium)
- Robert Kennedy, University of Michigan
"The Nanoliter Lab: New approaches to screening and sensing using droplet microfluidics"
- Ruxandra Dima, University of Cincinnati
"Multi-scale Modeling of the Nanomechanics of Microtubule Filaments" (Oesper speaker)
- Carlos Camacho, University of Pittsburgh
"Kinetics and Thermodynamics Ideas of Protein Folding Still in the Running" (Oesper speaker)
- Riina Tehver, Denison University
"Investigating Myosin VI Stepping Mechanism" (Oesper speaker)
- Changbong Hyeon, Korea Institute for Advanced Study
"Energetic Costs, Precision, and Transport Efficiency of Molecular Motors" (Oesper speaker)
- Ed O’Brien, Pennsylvania State University
"Non-equilibrium Coupling of Protein Structure and Function to Translation-elongation Kinetics" (Oesper speaker)
- Greg Morrison, University of Houston
"The Impact of Spatial Constraints on Biomolecular Systems" (Oesper speaker)
- Margaret Cheung-Wyker, University of Houston
"Molecular Underpinnings of Postsynaptic Calmodulin-dependent Calcium Signaling" (Oesper speaker)
- Mike Hinczewski, Case Western Reserve University
"Steering Evolution: what can proteins teach us about population genetics" (Oesper speaker)
- Dave Thirumalai, University of Texas at Austin
"Roles of Theory and Computations in Biophysics" (Oesper Awardee)
- George Lorimer, University of Maryland
"From Anfinsen to Iterative Annealing" (Oesper banquet spaker)
- Guillermo Ameer, Northwestern University
"Materials for Regenerative Engineering Applications"
- Xinyan Tracy Cui, University of Pittsburgh
"Biomimetic Strategies Towards Seamless Neural Implants/Tissue Integration"
- Dominik Heger, Masaryk University,Czech Republic
"Ice is cool!
Chemical Compounds in/on the Ice"
- Stanislav Groysman, Wayne State University
"Nitrene and Carbene Chemistry at Middle and Late Metals in Bis(alkoxide) Ligand Environments"
- Giles Dillingham, PhD, CEO, Chief Scientist, Brighton Technologies, LLC
"Adhesion science: Quantitative relationships between surface functional group concentration, surface energy, and adhesion"
- Kevin Cash, Colorado School of Mines
“Continuous, Real-Time, Physiological Monitoring with Nanosensors”
- Siva Jayaraman, Bowling Green State University
“Strategies for Manipulating Excited State Reactivity and Selectivity in Molecules and Materials”
- Dany Carlier, CNRS, University of Bordeaux
“Vanadium Fluorophosphates as Positive Electrode Materials for Na Ions Batteries”
- Annette Rowe, University of Cincinnati, Department of Biological Sciences
"Eating Rocks! Microbes that mobilize electrons from minerals, electrodes and other microbes as an energy source"
- Ashok K. Ganguli, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India
"Design of nanostructures for photoelectrochemical applications"
- Christian Kastrup, The University of British Columbia, Department of Chemistry & Molecular Biology
“Geobiochemistry and Drug Delivery Systems in Blood Clotting”
- Kevin Moeller, Washington University, St. Louis
“Exploring the Interplay between Organic Synthesis and Electrochemistry. Capitalizing on a Synergistic Relationship”
- Khalid Salaita, Emory University
“Nanoscale probes to image and manipulate molecular forces in living systems”
- Melissa A. Grunlan, Texas A&M University
"Orthopedic Biomaterials Enabled by Network Architecture" (CGSA Speaker of the Year)
- Yan-Kai Tzeng, Stanford University
“Fluorescent NanoDiamond: Synthesis, Properties and Applications”