Visiting Seminar Series 2013-2014
- Jay Siegel, Tianjin University
"Aromatic Architectures: Bowls, Knots, Gears"
- Mahesh K. Mahanthappa, University of Wisconsin-Madison
"From Imperfection to Perfection in Soft Matter Self-Assembly"
- Rajender Varma, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
"Greener Alternatives to Organics and Nanomaterials; Sustainable Applications of Nano-catalysts"
- Art Winter, Iowa State University
"Chemical Tools for Biological Applications: A Physical Organic Chemistry Approach"
- James M. Mayer, University of Washington
"Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer: from Hydrogen Atom Transfer and Marcus Theory to Electrocatalysis to Nanoparticles" (Oesper speaker)
- Marcetta Y. Darensbourg, Texas A&M University
"Crossroads of Organometallic and Coordination Chemistry: Synthetic Analogues of the Hydrogenase Active Sites" (Oesper speaker)
- Harry Gray, California Institute of Technology
"Fifty Years of Metal-Oxos" (Oesper speaker)
"Fifty Years with Rich" (Oesper banquet speaker)
- Clifford P. Kubiak, University of California, San Diego
"Carbon Dioxide Reduction by Rhenium and Manganese Bipyridyl Complexes: Mechanistic Insights" (Oesper speaker)
- Daniel G. Nocera, Harvard University
"The Artificial Leaf" (Oesper speaker)
- Vivian W.W. Yam, The University of Hong Kong
"From Simple Discrete Metal Complexes to Supramolecular Assemblies and Structures" (Oesper speaker)
- Richard Eisenberg, University of Rochester
"Fuel from Water: The Light-Driven Generation of Hydrogen" (Oesper Awardee)
- Thomas Schuman, Missouri University of Science & Technology
"Designing Material Interfaces"
- Kevin Cavicchi, University of Akron
"Using Ionic Interactions in the Synthesis of Functional Polymer Materials"
- Steve Hoke, Research Fellow, The Procter & Gamble Company
"Leveraging Chemistry Insights to Drive Innovation at Procter & Gamble"
- V. Jo Davisson, Purdue University
"Excursions into Small-molecule-Protein-Interactions"
- Jorg Bettmer, University of Oviedo
"Mass Spectrometry as a Tool for the Characterization of Ag and Au Nanoclusters"
- Maria Montes-Bayon, University of Oviedo, Spain
"Accurate Measurement of Iron Metabolism Biomarkers: New Tools and Remaining Challenges"
- Elizabeth Piocos
"Need a Job? Invent it!"* - Building a Case for Integrating Entrepreneurship & Innovation into Chemistry Degrees.....And Physics, Biology, Geology and other Science Degrees"
- Jessica Koehne, NASA Ames Research Center
"Carbon Nanofiber Nanoelectrode Arrays for Biosensing Applications"
- Subha Das, Carnegie Mellon University
"Clicks and Branches in Nucleic Acids for Biological and Extra-biological Applications"
- Nathaniel Szymczak, University of Michigan
"Multifunctional Metal-Ligand Ensembles for Cooperative Substrate Activation"
- Terry Bigioni, University of Toledo
"Molecular Silver Nanoparticles"
- Nilay Hazari, Yale University
"Pincer Supported Late Transition Metal Complexes for the Conversion of Carbon Dioxide"
- Rena Robinson, University of Pittsburgh
"Aging, Immunity, and Proteomics"
- David Moore, Lehigh University
"Matrix Isolation FTIR Spectroscopy of Anionic Complexes Stabilized via Co-Deposition of Explicit Counter-Cations: Opening Up New Avenues of Inquiry Using an Old Technique"
- Koop Lammertsma, VU University Amsterdam
"New Insights in Enabling Phosphorus Chemistry"
- Mark Helm, Johannes Gutenberg-Universitat Mainz, Germany
"Chemistry and Biology of Modified RNA" (Zimmer International Scholar)