Visiting Seminar Series 2001-2002
- Prof. Craig Taylor, Oakland University,
"Excursions into Pt(II) and Pt(IV) Organonitrile Chemistry"
- Prof. Carol Caperelli, UC, College of Pharmacy,
"Enzyme Substrate Specificities: Implications Requiring a Structural Confirmation"
- Prof. Jeffrey Zaleski, Indiana University,
"Designing Transition Metal Activated Diradicals as Unimolecular Biological Reagents"
- Prof. Mary Rodgers, Wayne State University,
"Threshold Collision-induced Dissociation from Dynamics to DNA Bases"
- Prof. Gary Lorigan, Miami University, Ohio,
"Magnetic Resonance Studies of Membrane Protein Systems"
- Dr. Bobby Barnett, Procter & Gamble,
"Structure-based Drug Design of Matrix Metallo-protease Inhibitors for Osteoarthritis"
- Prof. Michael Chan, Ohio State University,
"Protein Crystallography at OSU: Molecular Enzymology and Evidence"
- Dr. Vinit Rastogi, Procter & Gamble,
"How Proton Translocation Drives Rotation in the ATP Synthase"
- Dr. Steve Wendelken, EPA,
"Current Issues in Drinking Water Method Development at the U.S. EPA"
- Dr. Petr Sennikov, Nizhny Novogorod, Russian Academy of Sciences,
"Molecular Complexes of SiF4 with H2O, CH3OH and O(CH3)2"
- Dr. Kenneth Tomer, NIEHS/NIH,
"Application of Mass Spectrometric Techniques to Structural Biology, especially of HIV-related Proteins"
- Prof. Lisa Holland, Kent State University,
"Tackling Biological Probelms with Capillary Separations"
- Prof. Lisa Kelly, University of Maryland,
"Dual Luminescent Polymers as Temperature and Pressure Sensors"
- Dr. Anny-Odile Colson, Procter & Gamble,
"Molecular Modeling of G Protein-Coupled Receptors"
- Prof. Debi Evans, University of New Mexico,
"Electron Transfer Through Dendrimers"
- Prof. Hong You, UC College of Medicine,
"In-situ Atomic Force Microscopic Study of Saposin C-Membrane Interaction and its Effect on Membrane Structure"
- Prof. Anne-Frances Miller, University of Kentucky,
"How Proteins Control the Thermodynamics of Electron Transfer Proteins: 1-protons"
- Prof. Kenneth Murphy, University of Iowa,
- Prof. Bradley Smith, University of Notre Dame,
"Towards Molecular Machines: Using Salt Binding Receptors to Make Rotaxanes"
- Prof. Gary Hieftje, Indiana University,
"Evolution and Revolution in Instrumentation for Plasma-Source Mass Spectrometry"
- Dr. Fred Fricke, FDA,
"Detection of Counterfeit Drugs and Product Tampering"
- Dr. Jana Pika, Firmenich & Dr. Beth Piocos, Procter & Gamble,
"Balancing Family and Professional Life"
- Prof. David Yang, Georgetown University,
"RNA-Protein and Protein-Protein Interactions: Aminacyl-tRNA Synthetases as the Models"
- Prof. Karl Seff, University of Hawaii,
"Two New Polyatomic Cations of Sulfur"
- Prof. Howard Mayne, University of New Hampshire,
"Thermodynamic Properties of Mixed Lennard-Jones Atomic Cluster"
- Prof. Ken Shimizu, University of South Carolina,
"Controlling Shape and Conformation at the Molecular Level"
- Prof. Thomas Kim, Youngstown State University,
"Model Systems for Proteomics"
- Dr. William Budde, U.S. EPA,
"The Determination of Blue-green Cyanobacteria Toxins"
- Prof. Jakob Wirz, University of Basel, Switzerland,
"Unprecedented Photochemistry of Aromatic Ketones in Aqueous Solution"
- Prof. Craig Wilcox, University of Pittsburgh,
"Studies of Selenium Speciation in Accumulating Plants by Liquid Chromatography with ICP-MS and ES-MS Detection"
- Prof. Edward Solomon, Stanford University,
"Geometric and Electronic Structure/Function Correlations in Non-heme Iron Enzymes"
- Prof. John Endicott, Wayne State University,
"The Spectroscopy and Dynamics of Electron Transfer"
- Professor Susan Olesik, Ohio State University,
"Critical Chromatography - Finding Order Among Incredible Disorder"
- Prof. Phil Castellano, Bowling Green State University,
"Properties and Applications of Luminescent Metal-Organic Chromophores"
- Dr. Osamu Niwa, NTT Lifestyle & Environmental Technology Laboratories,
"Microfluidic Device for Measuring Environmental Monitoring"
- Prof. Mike Ogawa, Bowling Green State University,
"Electron-transfer in Synthetic Metalloproteins"
- Professor David Modarelli, The University of Akron,
"The Synthesis and Time-Resolved Optical Spectroscopy of Novel Porphyrin-Containing Dendrimers"
- Dr. James Mack, Boston College,
"Synthesis of Bowls, Balls and Tubes"
- Professor Janet Del Bene, Youngstown State University,
"A Chemical Odyssey"