Department of Biological Sciences
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210006
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0006
614 Rieveschl Hall
Phone: (513) 556-9700
Fax: (513) 556-5299
Please fill out a Biology Department Purchase Request Form for all orders. Except in extreme circumstances, priority is given on a first-come, first-served basis. Each order goes through the Purchasing Method Decision Tree (see diagram below).
P-Card Purchasing Process
· When an order is placed using a P-Card, the originator will be notified by email that it has been processed.
· Any information from the vendor will be transmitted to the originator, including backorders.
Purchase Order (PO) Process
The order is entered into SAP to create a UC Purchase Requisition.
a. If a justification is not needed (e.g., it’s a contract vendor), a Purchase Order will be issued and the original mailed to the vendor with a copy to the department. The originator will be notified by email that the PO has been issued and can use the PO number to contact the vendor if there is a problem.
b. If Purchasing concludes that a justification is necessary, the Financial Administrator will notify the originator of the need for the justification and will also send the questionnaire that is required by Purchasing.
· Once the justification is submitted, a buyer from Purchasing will approve or disapprove the justification.
1. If the justification is not approved, the originator will be notified by email; the process will have to be repeated with another vendor or the order will have to go out for bid.
2. If the justification is approved, a Purchase Order will be issued and the original PO will be mailed to the vendor with a copy to the department; the originator will be notified by email.