Dr. Edward N. Prather Summer Bridge Scholars Program
Congratulations on your admissions and welcome to the Bearcat Family. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 33rd annual Dr. Edward N. Prather Summer Bridge Scholars Program.
Summer Bridge is designed to ensure your academic preparation for college-level coursework, and to allow you to take advantage of all career enhancing programs offered by A&S and UC during the academic year– from international experiences to expanded research opportunities.
Part of the success of the summer bridge program is that students join a community of learners who take similar courses, connect with faculty mentors, and become familiar with the resources needed for their success. Our data shows that students who participate in the summer bridge program are retained at a higher rate than non-bridge participants. While our format has changed, the quality of instruction and the value of this virtual head start has not changed.
Summer Bridge --- What's in it for You?
- Interaction with other incoming first year students from the College of Arts and Sciences (A&S), the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS), and the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS).
- Learn about university facilities and resources before fall classes begin.
- Get an academic head start by participating in specially designed courses in Math, Biology, Chemistry, and English. Students who successfully complete the English course will be awarded academic credit on their college transcript. The program includes academic support and collaborative study time, which helps students develop the skills and attitudes necessary for enhanced success during the first year and throughout their college career.
- Participate in virtual field experiences with local corporations and university partners. Some of these may serve as internship or summer research sites in for you in the future.
- Support for registration for classes.
- $1,000 Stipend for successful completion of bridge.
In addition, your participation in summer bridge also gives you the opportunity to become a member of the Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Scholars Program. As an LSAMP Scholar you will become part of a scientific community that interacts with STEM faculty and participates in alliance activities with other scholars from around the state. LSAMP scholars also receive an LSAMP scholarship of $1,500 in their first academic year.
Apply today as spaces are limited.
Please register by June 1st. Opportunies are limited! We are excited to have your student join our Summer Bridge Scholars program! We will send your registration information via email. The $50 registration fee reserves your student's spot. If the registration fee produces a hardship, please let us know. We are here to help. Simply contact the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Inclusive Exellence at ArtSciIECP@ucmail.uc.edu so that we may help secure your registration.
To register, just:
- Use the following link to pay the registration fee. Paying the registration fee reserves your spot in the program. https://secure.touchnet.net/C21575_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=38&SINGLESTORE=true.
- You will then receive an email with details to complete the registration process.