College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Award for Innovative Instruction
The College of Arts and Sciences established the Dean's Award for Innovative Instruction to recognize and reward leaders in innovative, effective pedagogy. The Dean's Award for Innovation Instruction will be made annually to a team or individual who will receive $1,000 in faculty development funds as well as a plaque recognizing their accomplishment as an outstanding instructor.
2016 – 2017 (inaugural year of this award)
- LaSharon Mosley, Department of Biological Sciences
- Paul Nodzak, Department of Biological Sciences
- Evan Torner, Department of German Studies
2017 – 2018
- Julie Uhl, Department of Biological Sciences
- Valerie Weinstein, Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies
2018 – 2019
- Trefor Bazett, Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Michael Sharp, Department of Communication/Exp Based Learning & Career Ed
A&S Course Release Award to Facilitate the Development of Innovative Instruction
The College of Arts & Sciences has established the Course Release Award to facilitate the development of innovative instruction in the college. This initiative is a response to the faculty survey conducted by the Instructional Innovation Advisory Council (iiAC) in 2016. In it, faculty identified the biggest barrier to developing innovative instruction in their courses was the lack of time to do so. This award will give the recipient(s) a one-semester, one-course release in order to develop, revamp or otherwise enhance a course that they regularly teach or that fills an important role in a department. Course Release Awards will be made in both the Fall and Spring semesters.