Declaration of Major/Minor/Certificate

Please Note:

  • The processing of declaration requests is not automated.
  • Read requests will be processed within 2 weeks of submission
  • Changes are effective for the next semester
  • Declare your major
    • To change from an undeclared major to a declared major track
  • Change your existing major
    • Includes changing from:
      • a declared major to a declared major
      • exploratory to a declared major 
      • a declared major to exploratory
  • Add an additional major
    • For students looking to double major, triple major etc. 
  • Remove an existing major
    • No additions or changes
      • If you need to remove a major and add a different one, please use the change your existing major form

To become a non-matriculated student, please go to this link:; complete the form, and submit it. After the Registrar'€™s Office emails you with your username and UCID, then return to this page, and click on: Declare a certificate to request a certificate program.