The A&S college advisors will help you with planning your college core requirements for graduation and progress toward your degree. (Faculty and departmental advisors in each academic department advise students on major requirements only.)
The advising office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and is located at French Hall West, 2nd floor.
Appointments must be scheduled at least one day in advance and during the heaviest registration periods, you'll need to schedule at least two weeks in advance. Most appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. However, one hour appointments are scheduled for new off-campus transfer students and students wanting assistance selecting a major.
Schedule Your Advising Appointment Online
So you need/want to schedule an advising appointment . . .
You said it and we listened: Online scheduling is available for students at the University of Cincinnati. The College of Arts & Sciences has started using a new online appointment scheduling tool for student convenience.
To begin, you will need to follow these instructions:
- Log into canopy.uc.edu and select Student Tools. Click My Bearcat Network.
- Select NETID and click LOGIN WITH NETID.
- Click Contact My Advisors under Connecton your dashboard.
- In the My Assigned Advisors tab find the advisor with whom you wish to schedule an appointment and click Schedule Appointment.
- If you do not have an advisor listed under “My Assigned Advisors,” please email email@example.com.
- Find an available time that works for you and click Schedule.
- Select your preferred time again from the list, using the checkbox on the left.
- Choose Appointment Modality, as some advisors may offer multiple modalities, for example, phone, virtual, in-person. Select Session Topics from the dropdown menu to include areas you would like to discuss. In the Session Note field, enter more specific information about what you want to talk about during your appointment. If applicable, you can attach a file, using the Attach button.
- Click Schedule Appointment to finish scheduling your appointment.
Now that you have the appointment scheduled, you will be able to manage your appointment. If you need to change, cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can log into Canopy and adjust your appointment to better meet your schedule or address your concerns.
When you are scheduling your appointment, as mentioned, you can share specific information you would like to discuss with your advisor during the meeting. This provides your advisor with the tools necessary to better assist you with your questions, and sometimes might be able to have all of the information you need and ready to discuss it upon your arrival.