The A&S college advisors will help you with planning your college core requirements for graduation and progress toward your degree. (Faculty and departmental advisors in each academic department advise students on major requirements only.)
The advising office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and is located at French Hall West, 2nd floor.
Appointments must be scheduled at least one day in advance and during the heaviest registration periods, you'll need to schedule at least two weeks in advance. Most appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes. However, one hour appointments are scheduled for new off-campus transfer students and students wanting assistance selecting a major.
Schedule Your Advising Appointment Online
So you need/want to schedule an advising appointment . . .
You said it and we listened: Online scheduling is available for students at the University of Cincinnati. The College of Arts & Sciences has started using a new online appointment scheduling tool for student convenience.
To begin, you will need to follow these instructions:
- Go to canopy.uc.edu, click Starfish, and log-in with your UC username and password.
- Find your Advisor and select the three dots next to his or her name.
- Select Schedule.
- Click on the drop down.
- Select the type of appointment you need.
- Click Continue.
- Select the day and time that works best for your schedule. Click Continue.
- Double check the information you selected is correct. If correct, Click Confirm.
- A green bar appears at the top when you have scheduled successfully. You will also receive a confirmation email to your UC email address.
- Again, confirm the day and time. Any essential information about the location will also be referenced on this screen (and will be sent in your confirmation/reminder emails).
If you need help with this system, please call (513) 556-5860 or email email@example.com.
Now that you have the appointment scheduled, you will be able to manage your appointment. If you need to change, cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can log into Starfish and adjust your appointment to better meet your schedule or address your concerns.
When you are scheduling your appointment, as mentioned, you can share specific information you would like to discuss with your advisor during the meeting. This provides your advisor with the tools necessary to better assist you with your questions, and sometimes might be able to have all of the information you need and ready to discuss it upon your arrival.
If you would like to take your Starfish experience a step further, you can update your profile. You can import a picture, which will help your advisor to better recognize you by seeing your face with your name. Also, if your information is up-to-date on your profile page you should be easily accessible in case your advisor needs to get in touch with you regarding an important deadline.