Law 3+3 Program
Earn a bachelor's degree and a law degree in just 6 years
You save one year of tuition and one year of time compared to the traditional path to becoming a lawyer. The value of a Cincinnati Law degree cannot be overstated. Our top 50 public law school is also ranked as having one of the best value law programs.
To apply to the University of Cincinnati College of Law for the 3+3 Law Program, you must be in your junior year at the University of Cincinnati, majoring in one of these programs in the College of Arts and Sciences:
NOTE: Application to the 3+3 program begins with a meeting with your adviser, preferably during your freshman year. Your major requirements and the A&S Core must be completed before beginning Law School, so careful advising is necessary.
3 Application Steps for the 3+3 Law Program
If you are in your junior year at the University of Cincinnati, majoring in one of the above programs, meet with your adviser. Together you'll determine if you're ready to apply for admission to the 3+3 Law Program by:
- Taking the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT). We encourage you to take the LSAT in October or December of your junior year.
- Applying to the College of Law. You should apply in January, after your fall grades are available.
- Assuring that the College of Arts & Sciences certifies that you are eligible for the program. Work with your advisor on the details for eligibility.
NOTE: The 3+3 Law Program is not a guaranteed admission program; 3+3 Law candidates are considered alongside UC College of Law's regular pool of applicants.
Tuition and Financial Aid
In your fourth year of study as a 3+3 Law student, you will be considered a full-time law student. You will then pay UC College of Law tuition, not undergraduate tuition.
If you were awarded a renewable undergraduate scholarship, such as Cincinnatus, you may be able to apply some of that scholarship toward your College of Law tuition. Check to see if you are also eligible for scholarships and financial aid from the College of Law.
Are You A High School Student Interested in the 3+3 Law Program?
You also have 3 steps for the 3+3 Law Program:
- APPLY for undergraduate admission to one of the participating College of Arts & Sciences undergraduate programs listed above.
Once enrolled at UC College of Arts & Sciences:
- Notify your adviser during Orientation that you are interested in the 3+3 Program, then make an appointment with the Pre-Professional Advising Center by calling 513-556-2166 or emailing email@example.com. Be sure to mention this appointment is to find out more about the 3+3 Law program.
- Contact your department academic advisor as soon as possible, to allow time to meet the requirements of your major.
Don't miss this opportunity to get a bachelor's degree and a law degree in just 6 years!