Help and Services
McMicken’s Pre-Award Services Office understands that you may consider the proposal submission process to be time consuming and, perhaps, overwhelming. We want to lessen your proposal workloads by providing essential pre-award services that extend beyond basic reviews and required approvals.
Services provided by the Pre-Award Services Office include, but are not limited to:
- Researching external grant opportunities, including searches on federal/non-federal databases;
- Inquiring about funding opportunities on foundation websites;
- Providing professional guidance on proposal development, timelines, and outlines;
- Clarifying proposal language and identifying documentation required for internal approval and proposal submission;
- Registering for government-supported websites, such as NSF FastLane and NIH eRA;
- Notifying PIs and support staff of annual federal, state, local, and private opportunities;
- Writing and reviewing proposals to ensure solicitation compliance;
- Assisting with building budgets and constructing budget justifications;
- Coordinating Grant Writing Training Seminars to supplement understanding of proposal procedures and processes;
- Organizing Monthly Brown-Bag Research Workshops to encourage collaborations;
- Informing PIs of upcoming changes to issued solicitation requirements and federal websites;
- Issuing Quarterly A&S Research Newsletters to celebrate achievements and discuss upcoming matters; and
- Support PIs and Business Managers with the transition of pre-award to post-award services.
In addition to these services, we also invite you to meet with members of our team to discuss your research interests. The more we know about your research, the more we can assist you in locating funding.
We would love to hear your comments and suggestions as we are always seeking innovative ideas to enhance the proposal development and submission process. We are open to extending services and developing programs that simplifies the proposals submission process and eases the workload of PIs, based upon your feedback.
We appreciate your hard work and support you in your proposal submissions. We look forward to working with you!