Business Office Profiles
Marcia Miladinov, Executive Business Officer
Marcia joined the College of Arts & Sciences in August of 2013 as our Executive Business Officer….(more to come)
- Long-range Financial Planning
- Oversee day to day business operations
- Space and Facilities Planning
- Supervise the budget support staff in the college and oversee all business and financial matters for the college.
- Serve as a member of the Dean’s cabinet to advise the Dean and his leadership team on the management of all college finances and related matters
- Manage the college budget submission process including budget formulation
- Oversee (PBB) Performance Based Budgeting and the associated impact on the college
- Create proforma financial statements for new college ventures
- Develop navigational budget reports to aide in forecasting
- Assist the dean , faculty, and staff in the development of entrepreneurial and revenue-generating activities
- Provide advice and technical assistance to the Dean and department Heads on cost analysis, funds allocation, and budget preparation and management
- Work with the dean to develop and recommend financial and administrative policies and procedures that will help strengthen the college finances
- Development of Departmental PBB reports
- Partner with the Dean, Department Heads and the Provost office in helping us strengthen the financial position of the college
Beth Malone, Assistant Director of Business Affairs
Beth has been the Associate Business Director for the College of Arts and Sciences since May of 2017. Beth started working at the University in 2004 in the Controller’s Office, moving to the College of Medicine in 2006. Between 2006 and 2015 she worked as a Business Manager for the Department of Surgery, a Budget Analyst for the Department of Neurology at UC Physicians and a Business Administrator for CoM Operations and Finance. Various responsibilities included fund management for internal and external departments, along with the oversight of departments maintained by staff accountants. Multi-department budgeting with expense and variance analysis and budget formulation. Other experience includes pre and post award administration ensuring compliance with grantor and University regulations. Financial reporting, inclusive of generating, analyzing and distributing reports at the department, division, provider and fund levels. Prior to her career at the University Beth worked at Great American Financial Resources Inc. and for two public accounting firms. Beth attended the University of Kentucky and Thomas More College, graduating from Thomas More after majoring in Accounting and Business.
- Provide direction and oversight to multiple departments including Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Math, Neuroscience, Physics, Psychology and the Taft Research Center.
- Manage a complex array of funds including general funds, designated funds, endowments and research funds.
- Oversight of commitments and special funding allocations issued to various departments and/or faculty members.
Charity Curry, Financial Administrator 2
Charity began working at UC in November, 2015 after working as a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist with United Way of Greater Cincinnati. She graduated from Northern Kentucky University with Bachelor’s in Business Administration in Dec 2015.
- Provide direction and oversight to multiple departments including Cluster #1 (Classics, English & Comparative Literature, German Studies, Romance Languages & Literature and History) and Cluster #3 (Africana Studies, Judaic Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Women’s Gender & Sexuality Studies)
- Manage a variety of funds including ITIE and Graduate Recruitment funds.
- Coordinate the aging computer replacement allocations
- Oversees the finances of The News Record.
Nicole Hochstetler, Financial Administrator 2
Further action is required to make this image accessible
One of the below criteria must be satisfied:
- Add image alt tag OR
- Mark image as decorative
The image will not display on the live site until the issue above is resolved.
Nicole began her career with the University of Cincinnati and in our college in September of 2018. She brings with her more than 15 years of experience in Accounting and Human Resources within the Construction and Health Care industries. She is a graduate of Xavier University, and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Oversee all Student hiring for assigned departments in the college
- Oversee hiring of Adjunct Faculty and Staff for assigned departments in the college
- Business Office Finance contact for assigned departments in the college
- Work on the All Funds Budgeting (AFB) process and Budget Formulation (BF) for assigned departments in the college
Jonathan Barber, Business Data Reporting Analyst
Jonathan has been the Business Data Reporting Analyst for the College of Arts & Sciences since 2017. Prior to this position, he worked as Academic Researcher in the Student Financial Aid Office at the University of Cincinnati where his primary responsibilities included data analysis and research support for the new student scholarship program and generating annual financial aid reports. Before coming to the University of Cincinnati, Jonathan served as Management Analyst for the Sacramento Public Library where he created monthly and annual library usage reports, coordinated the completion of state and national library information surveys, and provided ad hoc research and analytic support for library administrators. And Jonathan started his career in higher education while working in several positions in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Research at Northeastern University where he prepared regular recruitment, financial aid and enrollment tracking reports, created benchmarking analyses, analyzed student satisfaction surveys, and assisted in the development of enrollment and financial aid strategies. Jonathan received a bachelor’s degree in History from the Pennsylvania State University, and a master’s degree in Political Science from the University of Delaware.
- Provide ad hoc student enrollment and retention research and reports
- Develop and maintain student enrollment dashboards in Tableau
- Oversee graduate student stipend and scholarship (Graduate Assistant Scholarship and Graduate Incentive Scholarship) reconciliation process
- Assist with college scholarship tracking, reporting, and awarding process
Michael Sonntag, Director of Human Resources
Mike has worked for the University of Cincinnati since 2006, and has been here in the College of Arts & Sciences since 2012. Mike is the Director of Human Resources for the college, and has worked in the HR discipline for most of his 30+ year career. He has spent time as a Trainer, Recruiter, Generalist and Director working in the retail convenience store industry, the life insurance industry, spent several years with a national homebuilding corporation, worked in the retail banking industry and finally returned to work at his alma mater - UC. At UC, Mike spent his first five years working in the Provost Office before joining the College of Arts & Sciences. Mike holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Personnel Administration and a Master’s Degree in Human Resources, both from the University of Cincinnati.
- Work with the Dean and college administrators on strategic planning, organizational staffing and policy development as related to faculty, staff, graduate assistants and student workers
- Coordinate and participate in (when necessary) the hiring process for faculty and staff hires
- Develop, implement and maintain human resources services and project initiatives for the college
- Manage the annual Performance Evaluation process for all staff positions
- Provide supervision of exempt and non-exempt staff, as needed
- Develop, plan and facilitate/conduct training programs which support the college mission and operational services
- Serve as point of contact for Medical Leaves of Absence for the college and FMLA processing
- Maintain organizational structure of the college by department and position
- Prepare various salary and staffing reports as needed using the university’s HRIS