The requirements for admission to graduate studies in sociology are as follows:
- Transcripts from all undergraduate work and, if applying for the PhD program, transcripts from MA or MS degree program(s).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose explaining why you have decided to pursue graduate education in sociology, and specifically addressing how your interests fit with those of department faculty.
- The Graduate Record Examination - the verbal, quantitative and analytical aptitude tests.
- The University of Cincinnati requires evidence of competence in the English language for students applying from countries where English is not a national language. The university requires scores made on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or similar test. The minimum TOEFL scores required on the paper test is 600, on the computerized test is 250, and on the internet based test 100.