Organizational Communication & Public Relations
This concentration examines the role of communication in constructing organizations and connecting those organizations to key stakeholders.
Dr. Zhuo Ban studies processes of neoliberal globalization and marginalization from a Public Relations perspective. Her recent work explores how industrial workers in offshore manufacturing units in Southern China construct their identities as...
Suzanne received a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Cincinnati in 1996. She earned a Master of Arts in Communication from the University of Cincinnati in 2002, writing a thesis on the discursive...
Gail T. Fairhurst is a Distinguished University Research Professor of Organizational Communication at the University of Cincinnati. She specializes in organizational and leadership communication processes, including those involving paradox.....
Dr. Heather M. Zoller is a Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati. Her research in organizational and health communication investigates the politics of public health,...
- COMM 2021: Comm in Problem-Solving Groups
- COMM 2042: Introduction to Public Relations*
- COMM 2043: Public Relations Writing* (2042)
- COMM 2048: Event Planning & Fundraising Mgmt
- COMM 2081: Business Communication*
- COMM 2088: Interviewing for Comm Careers
- COMM 3000: Public Relations Research* (2042)
- COMM 3008: Intro to Organizational Comm*
- COMM 3031: Collaborative Leadership
- COMM 3089: Social Media & Citizenship
- COMM 4005: Communication Ethics*
- COMM 4006: Organizational Diversity
- COMM 4008: Leadership Communication
- COMM 4042: PR Campaigns (2042 & 2043)
- COMM 5009: Org Identity, Image & Issue Mgmt*
Parentheses = Pre-req | Asterisk = Online Section Available | Bold = Filfills Department's Diversity & Inclusion Requirements
- Take PD 2070 during your sophomore year to learn about experiential learning opportunities.
- Cincinnati Reds
- City Gospel Mission
- FC Cincinnati
- Findlay Market
- Gameday Communications
- General Electric
- Matthew 25: Ministries
- Newport Aquarium
- Wright Patterson Air Force Base
- UC PRSSA enhances knowledge of public relations, provides access to professional development opportunities, and serves the PR industry by developing qualified professionals.
- UC Influence is a student-led public relations firm that runs a competitive campaign every fall & a local, non-profit campaign every spring.
Minors, certificates, and courses in business, e-media, journalism, psychology, and sociology complement this concentration.
- DAAP-2013: Guide to Graphic Design
- ENGL-3071: Technical Writing
- ENTR-2001: Essentials of Entrepreneur
- INTB-3080: Global Env of Business
- IT-1040: Website Creation & Mgmt
- JOUR-2010: Reporting & Writing
- MKTG-3000: Professional Selling
- PSYC-3029: Psychology in the Workplace
- SMGT-4020: Sport Public Relations
- Option 1: Majors accepted into our 4+1 Program take graduate classes their senior year. After earning their BA degree, students in good standing are formally admitted to the graduate program and complete their MA degree in one additional year.
- Option 2: Most traditional graduate programs require 2 additional years of education. These options complement a Communication BA:
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) MA in Hospitality Management
- MA in Human Resources
- MA in Public Relations
- Campaign Manager
- Communication Specialist
- Event Planner
- Executive Coach
- Fundraising Director
- Human Resources Officer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- Technical Writer
- Training and Development Officer