Vicente Raja Galian
My main field of interest is cognitive science, its scope, and its interaction with scientific development and new technologies. Currently, I am focused both on ecological psychology and on different approaches to non-human cognition. Concerning ecological psychology, I am interested in concepts such as perceptual information or resonance. Also, I work on the dynamic systems approach to cognitive science. Within the field of non-human cognition I am working on the history and philosophy of cognitive ethology and plant signaling
- PhD Student, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, from 2014 (P&LS).
- M.A., University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain, 2014 (Contemporary Philosophy).
- B.A., University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain, 2013 (Philosophy).
- Vicente Raja and Paco Calvo (2017). Augmented Reality: An Ecological Blend. Cognitive Systems Research, 42, 58-72.
- Vicente Raja, Zvi Biener, and Tony Chemero (2017). From Kepler to Gibson. Ecological Psychology, 29 (2), 1-15.
- Miguel Segundo-Ortin, Manuel Heras-Escribano, Vicente Raja (Under Revision). Does Ecological Psychology Need to Be Rectified? Radical Enactivism and Ecological Information. Philosophical Psychology.
- Vicente Raja (2016). Tools for Perceptual Learning: Ecological Augmented Reality. Virtual Worlds: The Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Intersections (pp.45-56). Oxford, United Kingdom: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Vicente Raja, Paco Calvo, and Maria Jose Alcaraz-Leon (In Press). Ecoaesthetics and the Prospects of a Cognitive Science of Art. Recasting Aesthetic Experience: Emotions and the "Continuity Principle"..
- Paco Calvo, Vicente Raja, and David N. Lee (2015). Guidance of circumnutation of climbing bean stems: An ecological exploration.. [Link]
Presentations & Lectures
- Vicente Raja & Paco Clavo (11-24-2013). The Design of Ecological Augmented Reality Enacting the Bridge between Sciences and Humanties Workshop, San José, Almería (Spain).
- Vicente Raja (04-24-2014). Preamble to an Ecological Theory of Dispositions, University of Granada, Spain.
- Vicente Raja Galian (10-16-2014). Perceptual Learning and Ecological Augmented Reality, Informatics Forum, University of Edingburgh, Scotland.
- Vicente Raja Galian (05-10-2015). Tools for Perceptial Learning: Ecological Augmented Reality, Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Vicente Raja (05-29-2015). Can We See Without Touching? Integrated Sensory Modalities & Ecological Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Vicente Raja (12-21-2015). The Role of Environment: Ecological Psychology and Developmental Systems Theory, Mumbai, India.
- Vicente Raja (04-08-2016). ¿Es posible una filosofía en español?, Cincinnati, OH (USA).
- Vicente Raja (10-29-3016). On the Philosophical Maneuvers in Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Vicente Raja and Paco Calvo (12-08-2017). Augmented Reality: An Ecological Blend, University of California, Irvine.
- Patric C. Nordbeck & Vicente Raja Galian (06-27-2015). Distal and Proximal Information in Navigation with a Sensory Substitution Device 6th Iberian Congress of Perception, Madrid, Spain.
- Vicente Raja (11-04-2016). Beans, Dynamics, and Embodied Cognition Philosophy of Science Association Biannual Meeting 2016, The Westin Hotel, Atlanta, GA.
Experience & Service
- Peer Review/Referee, Ecological Psychology (Journal)
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
- Collaborator in MINT Lab, (University of Murcia)