Certificate in Chinese Language and Culture
The Certificate in Chinese Language and Culture requires 22 credit hours of coursework beyond Basic Chinese.
- CHIN 1001 and 1002 = Basic Chinese 1 and 2 (10 credits)
- CHIN 2001 and 2002 Second-Year Chinese (10 credits)
- CHIN 3001 and 3002 Third-Year Chinese (6 credits)
- AIST 2081 Introduction to Chinese Culture (3 credits)
One of the following courses:
- HIST 2010 History of China
- AIST 2083 Introduction to East Asian Films
- AIST 1040 Survey of East Asian Art
- AIST 2071 Art of Asia I: China
- AIST 3054 Asian Women and Representation
- AIST 3045 East Asian Buddhist Art
- HIST 3076 Imperial China
- HIST 3086 Modern China
- HIST 3092 Modern China in Hollywood
- HIST 3096 Media and Technology in Modern Asia
For more information about the certificate program, please contact Prof. Gergana Ivanova.
Study Abroad: Interested in a study abroad opportunity at UC’s strategic partner universities, Chongqing University and Beijin Jiaotong University? Don't forget to visit the Study Abroad page at UC International for a full list of universities in China that UC has a partnership with.