Independent Study

The Department of Communication provides its majors with opportunities to pursue independent projects in conjunction with members of the faculty. To undertake an independent study, you must be a communication major. You must register for COMM3092 (Project in Communication). In planning the project, you must fill out a standardized contract form describing project goals and outcomes. The form must be signed by a member of the communication faculty who agrees to supervise the project. The form must then be turned in to the communication office (137 McMicken) by the end of the first week of the semester. A copy of the form will be placed in the student's file.