Write an essay of up to 250 words that matches the scholarship selection criteria.
To apply to the Communication scholarship opportunities go to the A&S Scholarship application web page:
Description: This scholarship is awarded to an undergraduate Communication major who maintains a 3.0 GPA, is involved in extracurricular activities on campus, and is working to support their education.
- Must be an undergraduate Communication major
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be active in extracurricular activities on campus
- Must be working to support their education
- Submit an essay of no more than 250 words that addresses the eligibility requirements listed above. Highlight both academic achievement and activity outside the classroom.
Description: In 2012, Communication alumni Tom and Chris Carleton established the Lisa H. Newman Endowed Scholarship Fund as a way to give back to the university and honor a professor who touched their lives.
- Must be a sophomore currently enrolled as a Communication Major in the McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
- Must have an aggregate G.P.A of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Must be actively involved in at least one on campus student organization
- Submit an essay of no more than 250 words describing why you value pursuing a Communication degree at The University of Cincinnati and how you intend to use your educational experience and extracurricular activities to further your career aspirations. The essay must also demonstrate your financial need and level of university or community involvement.
Description: In 2006, Emeritus Professor Dr. Lucille Pederson established a scholarship for communication majors interested in interpersonal and family communication.
- Must be Communication major
- Must have achieved the rank of junior and have at least one semester left before graduation
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 out of 4.0
- Submit an essay of no more than 250 words which describes how you currently use or hope to use lessons from interpersonal communication to make a difference; and explains why this scholarship would be meaningful to you in terms of financial need, scholastic motivation or other reasons.
Description: The Frank J. Jones Scholarship is awarded each Spring by the Department of Communication to students majoring in Communication who are about to enter their senior year of coursework. The scholarship, which has been awarded since 1979, recognizes all-around academic excellence. 1996 Scholarship winner Steven Weintraub has donated an engraved plaque to commemorate winners of the past, present, and future.
- Must have Junior standing (60 to 89 1/2 credits)
- Must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Must have completed at least 18 credits in Communication
- Review of Degree Progress Audit by committee
Description: Scholarship for a Communication major who has been inducted to Lambda Pi Eta during their junior year. Recipients must demonstrate leadership and be in good standing in all coursework.
Eligibility: Junior (at time of application) Communication major and current member of Lambda Pi Eta (Communication honors student organization) who excels in leadership and extracurriculars.