Faculty & Staff By Last Name
Faculty & Staff By Last Name
Title: Senior Assistant Dean, Academic Services
Office: 2144 French Hall
Dr. Lisa Holstrom is the Senior Assistant Dean for McMicken College of Arts and Sciences, overseeing student affairs and support. She has over 15 years of experience in higher education administration at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Holstrom served as Director of the Transfer and Lifelong Learning Center in UC Admissions and has also served as Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Support in the College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services. There she worked closely with faculty and programs, implementing marketing strategies to recruit additional students. She served on the College’s Recruitment and Retention Advisory Board and was Chair of the Communications Board.
Her service includes the Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency Board, the Ohio TEACH Advisory Board, the Language Policy Subcommittee for the Hamilton County Community Action Agency, and the United Way Impact Council for Children Prepared for Kindergarten.
Dr. Holstrom also does consulting work and teaches online coursework.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, A Bilingual Bridge: Associate Degree and Support for Head Start Spanish Speakers, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. (90YD0191), $1,134,041.00. 04/01/2005 to 06/30/2009. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, A Bilingual Bridge: Associate Degree and Support for Head Start Spanish Speakers, Administration for Children and Families. (90YD0148), $93,001.00. 04/01/2004 to 06/30/2007. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, Electrical Safety Protocol, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (000136681), $2,495.00. 07/13/2001 to 09/30/2002. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, Lower Back Pain Electronic Course Effectiveness Evaluation, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (0000158421 NCE), $24,958.00. 09/24/2001 to 08/31/2005. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, No Paraprofessional Left Behind, Department of Education. (062927-TRSP-2003), $10,000.00. 12/01/2002 to 09/30/2003. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, Service Learning Building Capacity, Corporation for National and Community Service. (OSP 00114-NCE), $29,400.00. 10/15/1999 to 08/31/2000. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, Service Learning Capacity Building, Corporation for National and Community Service. (FASL 062927 SV S6 99), $19,000.00. 12/14/1998 to 08/31/2001. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, reVision for the Next Generation, Ohio Board of Regents. (SRS 005179 OLN reVision), $10,000.00. 07/01/2007 to 06/30/2008. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Harlow, Marjorie; Holstrom, Lisa; Lang, Richard, Todos Listos: A Coalition to Support Ohio Head Start Teachers in Hispanic-Serving Programs, Administration for Children and Families. (90YP004401), $1,249,900.00. 09/30/2007 to 09/29/2012. Status: Closed.
- (PI), Boat, Mary Barbara; Holstrom, Lisa; Neal, Melissa, Online Associates Degree for Infant/Toddler Teachers, Administration for Children and Families. (90YD0271-01), $3,000,000.00. 09/30/2008 to 09/29/2012. Status: Active.
- (PI), Holstrom, Lisa, Taking CCP to the next level: Teacher Preparation, Ohio Department of Education. (P.O. 15666), $499,998.00. 01/01/2016 to 06/30/2017. Status: Awarded.
- Holstrom, L., & Bryan, J. (2003). A different practice: spanning the digital divide through distance learning. In Electronic Learning Communities.
- Holstrom,L. (2003). Eliminating barriers for all e-learners. Educational Technology Magazine, November/December.
- Holstrom,L. (2001). Help has arrived for teacher certification. Community College Week, Fall Technology Supplement.
Presentations & Lectures
- Holstrom, L. (11-2001). Successful University-Head Start Partnerships Head Start Bureau at National Conference for the National Association for the Education of Young Children, Anaheim, CA.