The Early Warning System is now a university-wide system administrated through the registrar's web site. Visit the registrar's web site and use your class list to flag a student for early warning.
Using the UC Early Intervention system
- Log in to the Instructor Class List system on the Registrar's Web site (go to Faculty & Staff > Class Lists). Username and password information can be obtained from the Registrar's office by calling 556-9900.
- After logging in, select the current term
- Select the class of the student you wish to report
- Under Early Intervention check the student(s) you are reporting, then click Early Intervention
- Complete an Early Intervention report for each student by checking where appropriate unsatisfactory performance regarding Attendance, Assignments and Tests/Quizzes. Then include in the Comments box recommended actions or other information helpful to the college office in supporting the student.
- Click Submit
- An acknowledgement will be displayed indicating that the form(s) have been submitted.
- For each student, an email report is generated and sent to the student's home college of enrollment. In the case of A&S, Jeanette Songer, Assistant Dean.
- Reports are distributed to an academic advisor for follow up
- Students are contacted and counseled or referred as appropriate
- Students are asked to report back to the professor their plans for improvement
- Reporting instructors can view the content of their report(s) by returning to the Instructor Class List and clicking Details next to a reported student's name.