New Research Grants
- Danielle Bessett has been named Co-Investigator for the Community Health Program Grant, Center for Clinical & Translational Science & Training (CCTST) examining Contraception Uptake among High Risk Populations: Improving Reproductive Health Services Offered in Public Health Systems (Principal Investigator: Jennifer L. Mooney, Hamilton County Reproductive Health & Wellness Program Director, Cincinnati Health Department)
- David Maume received an NSF grant to study how sleep problems affects rates of depression, substance use, and obesity among teenagers.
A list of our recent MA graduates can be found here.
A list of our recent PhD graduates can be found here.
Two of our PhD students won Dissertation Fellowships for 2014-15 from the Taft Research Center: Ciera Graham, for her study, Black Spaces at White Insitutions: How Do Black Students Perceive and Utilize Black Student Campus Organizations at Predominately White Urban and Rural Insitutions? and Aaryn Green for Color TV: Does Popular Television Programming Simultaneously Promote Colorblindness and Nonwhite Racial Stereotypes and If So, How?
Recent Professional Honors
- Erynn Casanova: elected President of the Ecuadorian Studies Section of the LAtin American Studies Association (LASA).
- Littisha Bates: named a 2017 Rising Star by the YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement.
- Littisha Bates: handpicked to receive the Terry Kershaw Social Justice and Legacy Award
- David Maume: elected by the Fellows of the Graduate School as one of its Fellows
Recent Books by Faculty
UC Sociology in the Media