McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
7148 Edwards One | Cincinnati, OH 45221-0037
Ph: 513/556.5860 | Fax: 513/556.3477 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty & Staff
Dr. Michael J. Richardson is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the Center for Cognition, Action and Perception at the University of Cincinnati. He is an expert in complex dynamical systems, time-series analysis, social coordination and ecological psychology and has written numerous research articles and book chapters on these topics. His research is focused on identifying and modeling the lawful dynamics that shape and constrain human perception, action and cognition, with an emphasis on social and multi-agent coordination, and seeks to understand how human behavior emerges from the dissipative and reciprocal processes that characterize animal-environment systems.
- (PI) Romero, V.; (Mentors) Richardson, M. J., Duncan, A., Fitzpatrick, P., Computational Measurement of Social Communication Dynamics in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder., NIH - NSRA. (11803413), 2015 to 2017. Status: Active.
- (Collaborator), Coghill, Robert; Jastrowski Mano, Kristen; King, Christopher; Richardson, Michael, EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING IN THE FACE OF PAIN: IMPLICATIONS FOR FUNCTIONAL DISABILITY IN PEDIATRIC CHRONIC PAIN , UC's University Research Council. (URC Interdisciplinary Award AY2015-16), $25,000.00. 05/01/2016 to 04/30/2017. Status: Active.
Experience & Service
- 2005 to 2006, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for the Ecological Study of Perception and Action, Psychology Department, University of Connecticut..
- 2006 to 2009, Research Fellow , Ecological Study of Perception and Action, Psychology Department, University of Connecticut..
- 2006 to 2009, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Colby College.
- 2009 to Present, Associate Professor, CAP, Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati.
- Member, AAUP Associates Council,