Faculty & Staff
Stacie Furst Holloway
Title: Associate Professor;
Director, MA Psychology Program;
Assistant Head, Department of Psychology;
Co-Director, UC LEAF
Office: 4130D EDWARDS 1 Edwards Center
Stacie Furst-Holloway is interested in the impact of technology on individual and team-based work behaviors as well as the implications of balancing work and home demands in the virtual workplace. Her teaching interests include leadership, organizational behavior, and human resource management.
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA, 2004 (Management (Organizational Behavior)).
- BA, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1991 (Journalism).
- MBA, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 1994 (Management).
Stacie Furst Holloway, Ph.D. is an associate professor in the Department of Psychology and the Undergraduate Director for the department&39;s Organizational Leadership and Human Resources programs. She is also the Co-Director of UC LEAF, an NSF ADVANCE initiative designed to enhance the recruitment, development, and retention of women faculty in the STEM disciplines at UC. Dr. Furst-Holloway received her doctorate in Management from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2004 and has more than 20 years of industry experience working in the areas of Human Resource Management and Organizational Development. She joined the faculty at the University of Cincinnati in the Fall of 2006 after spending three years as an assistant professor in the E.J. Ourso College of Business at Louisiana State University. Stacie teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in leadership, human resources, and research methods. Her current research interests include virtual teams, gender and leadership issues, and the challenges of leading across cultures. Her research has appeared in leading management journals, including the Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Personnel Psychology, Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Organizational Behavior, the Academy of Management Executive, and Human Resource Management. In addition to her research and teaching activities, Stacie frequently works as a consultant with organizations in the areas of virtual teaming, organizational development and assessment, and retention. Her past and current clients include GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Ernst and Young, and Virtual Global Technologies.
- (Co-PI), Ono, S., Hardcastle, V., Ghia, U., Kallen, R., & Furst-Holloway, S., Feasibility Study for Dual Career Hiring Network. , National Science Foundation. (1209169), $20,000. 08-2013 to 08-2014. Status: Completed.
- (Collaborator), Holloway, Stacie; Howe, Steven, Support for the Consultation and Training Services of the VA National Center for Organization Development to the VA Office of Human Resources and Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs. (VA250-13-C-0058), $254,665.00. 06/01/2013 to 05/31/2015. Status: Completed.
- (Collaborator), Holden, John; Holloway, Stacie; Howe, Steven; Jacquez, Farrah; Kallen, Rachel; Kloos, Adelheid; Mcleish, Alison; Richardson, Michael; Riley, Michael; Shear, Paula; Whitton, Sarah, REU Site: Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Complex Psychological Systems, National Science Foundation. (SMA-1263142), $255,714.00. 02/15/2013 to 01/31/2016. Status: Active.
- (PI), Hollensbe, Elaine; Holloway, Stacie; Masterson, Suzanne, Investigating the Healthy Adoption of Mobile Communication Technologies to Manage Work Demands: Implications for HR and Beyond, SHRM Foundation. (SHRM Foundation Research Agreement), $80,000.00. 08/01/2012 to 07/31/2014. Status: Active.
- (Collaborator), Green, Erinn; Holloway, Stacie; Howe, Steven, Study to Evaluate the Validity and Reliability of Ohio's Comprehensive Assessment and Planning Model - Interim Solution (CAPMIS), Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. (CAPMIS - C-1415-06-0918), $766,399.50. 01/01/2015 to 01/31/2017. Status: Active.
- (Senior Personnel), Howe, S., Carle, A., Green, E., & Furst-Holloway, S., Study to evaluate the validity and reliability of Ohio's Comprehensive Assessment and Planning Model - Interim Solution (CAPMIS)., Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services. (CAPMIS - C-1415-06-0918), $770,000. 01-2015 to to Present. Status: Active.
- (Senior Personnel), Kloos, A., Kallen, R., et al., REU Site: Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Complex Psychological Systems., National Science Foundation. (1263142), $320,613. 06-2013 to 08-2015. Status: Completed.
- (Co-PI), Ono, S, Kallen, R., Hardcastle, V., Ghia, U., & Furst-Holloway, S., Leadership, Empowerment, and Advancement for Women STEM Faculty., National Science Foundation. (1209169), $3,700,000. 09-2012 to 08-2017. Status: Active.
- Carameli, K., Howe, S., Holloway, S., Bologna, D., Cominskey, C., Weiskircher, K., & Moore, S. (2015). VESO Report. Prepared for the Veterans Administration by the VHA National Center for Organization Development.
Presentations & Lectures
- Kim, S.D., Bologna, D., Furst-Holloway, S., Hollensbe, E., Masteron, S., & Sprinkle, T (08-2014). Taking a break via technology? Triggers, nature, and effects of “online” work breaks. . Academy of Management Conference, Philadelphia.
- Li, J., Gales, L., & Furst-Holloway, S. (08-2014). Identification with Leader as Mediator between Leadership and Taking Charge. . Academy of Management Conference, Philadelphia.
- Kim, S.D.,* Hollensbe, E., Furst-Holloway, S., & Masterson, S. (08-2015). Investigating the antecedents of work and home boundaries permeability.. Academy of Management, Vancouver, CA.
- Bologna, D.*, Carameli, K., Furst-Holloway, S., Howe, S., Weiskircher, K., & Cominskey, C (08-2015). A mixed-methods analysis of engagement driving leadership practices. Academy of Management, Vancouver, CA.
- Furst-Holloway, S., Hollensbe, E., Masterson, S., Sprinkle, T., Kim, S.D., & Bologna, D. (06-2015). Utilization of mobile technologies to bridge the work and home borders: A cautionary tale. . International Conference of Work & Family, Barcelona, Spain.
- Furst-Holloway, Carameli, K.A. , Bologna, D.A., Weiskircher, K., Howe, S., Cominsky, C., Moore, S., & Ramsel, D. (04-2015). Veteran retention in VA: Role of occupation, age, and gender. Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Philadelphia, PA.
- Kallen, R., & Furst-Holloway, S. (06-2014). Underrepresentation: What is Your Data Trying to Tell You?. Bi-Annual Meeting of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, Portland, OR. Conference. Level: National.
- Furst-Holloway, S., Hollensbe, E., Masterson, S., Sprinkle, T.A., Kim, S.D., Bologna, D.A. (06/20/2014). Strategic Use of Mobile Technology to Manage the Work-Family Boundary. . Work Family Research Network Conference, New York, NY. Conference. Level: International.
Honors & Awards
- A.B. Dolly Cohen Award for Teaching Excellence , 2015 to 2015.
- Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities - Excellence in Teaching, GCCCU, 2015 to 2015.
Experience & Service
- 2006 to 2013, Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
- 2003 to 2006, Assistant Professor, EJ Ourso College of Business, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA.
- 1998 to 2000, Consultant, Organizational Development and Strategic HR, Seed Restaurant Group, Lexington, KY.
- 1998 to 2003, PhD Student and Graduate Research Assistant, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
- 1994 to 1998, Management of Organizational Development, Seed Restaurant Group, Lexington, KY.
- 08/20/2013 to Present, Associate Professor, University of Cincinnati.
- Assistant Department Head, 01-2015 to Present
- Peer Review/Referee, Academy of Management Journal 01-2015 to Present
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Organizational Behavior 01-2015 to Present
- Peer Review/Referee, Human Resource Management Review 01-2015 to Present
- Co-Director, UC LEAF 09-2012 to Present
- Committee Member, Office of Research Faculty Career Development Task Force, 06-2015 to Present
- Committee Member, Curriculum Committee, 01-2015 to Present
- Mentor, 01-2015 to Present
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
- 1998 to Present ,Academy of Management, . Member
- 2014 to Present ,American Psychological Association, . Member
- 2014 to Present ,Society for Human Resource Management, . Member
- 2014 to Present ,Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, . Member
- 1998 to Present ,Academy of Management, . Member
- 2014 to 2014 ,Academy of Management Journal, . Ad hoc reviewer
- 2014 to Present ,Work Family Research Network, . Member