Students applying for the program should have, or be expecting to obtain, a bachelor's degree. An undergraduate major in Statistics with a 3.0 GPA is highly desirable. However, while a strong mathematical background is preferred, we welcome applications from students with any undergraduate major who have completed the prerequisite courses:
- Three semesters of calculus up to and including multivariate calculus
- A semester course in linear algebra
- A semester course in ordinary differential equations
- A semester course in calculus-based probability and statistics
Applicants must submit transcripts providing evidence of this preparation and three letters of recommendation.
(1) Official transcripts are NOT required during the admissions process
(2) Unofficial transcripts are required to be uploaded during the online application process
(3) Applicants should not send official transcripts until they are offered admission and accept that offer to come to University of Cincinnati.
Any significant discrepancies later found between student-provided unofficial transcripts and official transcripts will be grounds for dismissal.
GRE: A minimum score of 155 on the GRE quantitative section is required for admission.
Proficiency in English is expected of international students whose native language is not English. Minimum score required is: 80 on Internet Based TOEFL (IBT); 6.5 on International English Language Testing System (IELTS); 47 on PEARSON Test of English (PTE). The English proficiency requirement is met for applicants with baccalaureate or higher degrees earned in English from accredited universities and colleges in the US, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand or other English speaking countries. For a complete list of countries and more details about the English Proficiency Requirement please see the Graduate School Handbook at http://grad.uc.edu/fac-staff/handbook/graduate-admission/international-admission/english.html
CEEB Code and Mailing Address
The Graduate School's mailing address is:
P.O. Box 210627
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0627
For parcel delivery services that need a physical location, the Graduate School's address is:
2614 McMicken Circle
110 Van Wormer Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0627
Application Procedure and Deadline
To submit an electronic application for the Master of Science in Statistics, please visit our Online Graduate School Application and complete the form. The application deadline is February 1st for Decision Round 1 and April 1st for Decision Round 2.
Financial Aid: Unfortunately, we are not able to provide financial support for students in the MS programs at this time.