People in the Department
Hang J. Kim
Title: Assistant Professor in Statistics
Office: 5410 French Hall
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2012 (Statistics).
- M.S., Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2006 (Applied Statistics).
- B.A., Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2002 (Business).
- B.A., Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 2002 (Applied Statistics).
Bayesian analysis; Statistical computing; Nonparametric Bayesian modeling
Missing data; Data privacy; Survey sampling
- Domestic Conference Travel Grants, The Charles Phelps Taft Research Center. $1200. 2016.
- Taft Summer Research Fellowship, The Charles Phelps Taft Research Center. $8000. 2016.
- See Curriculum Vitae.. [Link]
Experience & Service
- 2015 to Present, Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati.
- 2012 to 2015, Postdoctoral Associate, Duke University / National Institute of Statistical Sciences, Durham, NC.
- 2006 to 2006, Consultant, Yonsei Institute of Statistical Science, Seoul, Korea.
- 2002 to 2003, Samsung Capital, Seoul, Korea.
- Session Organizer, 2015 Joint Statistical Meetings, Seattle, WA, Aug 2015
- Session Chair, 2013 Joint Statistical Meetings, Montreal, Quebec, Aug 2013
- Peer Review/Referee, Biostatistics, Nov 2012
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Jun 2013
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Econometrics, Aug 2013
- Peer Review/Referee, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Jun 2014, Feb/July/Dec 2015, May/Aug 2016, Jan/Mar/Jul/Oct 2017
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Official Statistics, Dec 2014, Jun 2016
- Peer Review/Referee, Statistics and Probability Letters, Nov 2014, Sep 2015, Feb 2016
- Peer Review/Referee, Bayesian Analysis, Oct 2015
- Judge, International Conference on Establishment Surveys "Student Contest: Missing Data Treatment", 11-2015
- Peer Review/Referee, Annals of Applied Statistics, Jan/Oct 2016, Dec 2017
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology, Apr/Sep 2016, Feb/Sep 2017
- Peer Review/Referee, Sankhya B, Aug 2016
- Peer Review/Referee, Statistical Analysis & Data Mining, Nov 2016
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, Dec 2016
- Peer Review/Referee, American Statistician, Jan 2017
- Reviewer, American Statistical Association, SBSS Student Paper Competition, 01-2016
- Committee Member, Korean International Statistical Society, KISS Career Development Award, 06-2016
- Peer Review/Referee, Environmental Engineering Research, Apr 2017
- Peer Review/Referee, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, May 2017
- Session Chair, 2017 Joint Statistical Meetings, Washington, DC, July 2017
- -STAT-2037 PROB & STATS I
- -STAT-3038 PROB & STATS II
- -STAT-6041 Time Series
- See Curriculum Vitae for more information