English Composition Book Cover Design Contest
WIN $500. DESIGN OUR BOOK COVER.
Get paid to be creative! Design the cover for next year’s Student Guide to English Composition 1001. Imagine the satisfaction of having over 3,000 students carry your published design all around campus.
• The winning design will be awarded a one-time prize of $500.
• The contest is open to all UC students (undergraduate and graduate).
• Designs must be submitted by March 5th on CD to Chris Carter in 245C McMicken Hall. Include your name, M#, email address and phone number. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Front Cover Design Parameters
- Size: 7.625” wide X 8.75” tall. Keep text at least 0.75” away from the edges (see template).
- Back cover design not required but can be submitted. Spine will be designed by publisher.
- Include title: Student Guide to English Composition 1001
- Include editors’ names: Joyce Malek, Christopher Carter, Rich Shivener, and Kelly Blewett.
Digital File Parameters
- Preferred file types: Adobe Illustrator – .eps or .ai; Adobe Photoshop – layered .psd or .tif files (do not flatten); .jpg, .tif, or pdf.
- Digital cover art/photos must be at least 300 dpi
- Avoid enlarging photos
- RGB or CMYK color mode
Acceptable Non-digital Formats
- Slides, transparencies, negatives, and full size professionally-processed color prints
- Original artwork (e.g., drawings and paintings)
Using the University of Cincinnati Logo
- Download from:
- Color copies, images printed on a color printer, low-resolution files
- Artwork created in Microsoft Word or Publisher
- Images/photos from the Internet, as these images are often copyright-protected