The Department of Africana Studies invites applications in the Fall Semester for two $300 scholarships to be awarded in the Spring Semester of any given Academic Year.
All applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be either a junior or senior
- Be a declared Africana Studies major
- Have completed at least one semesters of course work since declaring an Africana Studies major
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA for the college and 3.0 GPA in the major
- Have a record of community involvement related to the major either at the local, regional or national level
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or community leader
- A resume and a personal statement (not more than a page typed) detailing how the candidate satisfies the scholarship application criteria.
- Deadline for applications: October 1st of any given year
Note: The award will be granted in two (2) equal installments, and must be used in the purchase books or other academic supplies.