Focus on German Studies
Focus on German Studies is a scholarly journal for German language literature and German Studies, which is run and published exclusively by graduate students at the University of Cincinnati. We publish only writing submitted by other graduate students. Our format includes articles on German Studies, German literature, interviews with German-speaking authors, and book reviews of contemporary literature.
There is only one other student-run journal for Germanistik in the country, so we regard Focus as an important asset not only to graduate students, but also to German scholarship as a whole. Our highest priority is to publish quality articles which demonstrate original scholarship. To ensure that we maintain high standards, all submissions are refereed by professors who preferably have published in the areas explored in the articles. Our book reviews present primary works of contemporary literature and offer important introductory information on many Neuerscheinungen. Since it is often difficult for those outside of Europe to keep abreast of the newest releases in the German literary scene, Focus on German Studies provides an important resource. We encourage all students interested in being potential reviewers to contact us.
- A widely respected forum for graduate German students
- Taken by major libraries throughout Europe and the U.S.
- International editorial board
- All articles submitted for publication reviewed by faculty
- Accepts scholarly articles, book reviews and interviews by graduate students
- Publishes in both German and English
Focus on German Studies Society
The aim of the society is to promote graduate students and their research in the field of German Studies. The Society will specifically support the following objectives:
- To publish annually a Focus on German Studies journal to be distributed without further charge to dues-paying members of the society.
- To hold an annual Focus on German Studies conference with the goal to provide an outlet and discussion forum for the work and research of graduate students.
- To develop a network of graduate students and graduate advisors.
- To cooperate with other institutions and organizations which share its interests and goals.